[ExI] Tap tap..Hello? Is this thing on? (Or Zombie Apocalypse!)

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Oct 8 04:58:59 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki

### For something written by somebody with a brain, see here:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/oct/06/thomas-sowell-who-shut-down-the-
federal/

Rafal_______________________________________________

Thanks Rafal, that is an excellent article.  They told us all these dire
consequences that would result from a government shutdown, but it was all
exaggerated.  Now the government is afraid no one will notice they shut
down.  So they go out of their way to be as annoying as possible:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10/now-govt-trying-to-block-people-from-lo
oking-at-mt-rushmore-seriously/

If they really wanted to scare the bejeebers out of the proletariat with
something real, they should threaten to shut down the internet.  That would
stir even MY jaded libertarian soul.

Sowell made the case as clear as anyone has to date.  The answer he left out
is one I have been wondering all this time: if ObamaCare is to be
revenue-neutral as we were told, why does it need all this funding the House
of Representatives refuses to give?  Can't they just go ahead without
pumping money into it?  Why not?  If they did that, who wouldn't get paid,
and why do we need them anyway?  The law says you buy insurance, you go to
the doctor, the insurance company pays.  Where is all this government
funding needed for doing that?  Can't they just do the parts of it that
don't cost the government anything?