[ExI] Euthanasia

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:46:15 UTC 2013

On Oct 10, 2013 7:55 AM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of stupid, that same political party has also come to think that
not paying your bills will calm down your creditors. And the really amazing
thing is that, although I'm embarrassed to admit it, I am a member of that
very same political party. I think a few years ago that party must have
suffered a stroke that resulted in massive brain damage, and so now I am
ashamed to belong to the party of Lincoln.

Technically both parties are Lincoln's: the Democrats split off from the
Democratic-Republican party.  Moreover, ideological and candidate shifts
mean neither party retains meaningful connection except in name to what
they were in or before the 1960s - 1970s too, somewhat.

That said, "brain damage" is an apt way to describe the TEA Party's
takeover of the Republicans over the past decade or so.