[ExI] Tap tap..Hello? Is this thing on? (Or Zombie Apocalypse!)

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 11 04:38:30 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki

>...As you may remember from civics, members of the legislative branch do
not have the legal authority to issue commands to institutions of the
executive branch, except in some limited and relatively well-defined
situations...Rafal

If I can find a silver lining in this dark cloud, it has all been a most
wonderful civics lesson.  I am tempted to be optimistic regarding what I
heard this evening: both sides of this conflict seem to have grown a brain.
The president is as protective of his healthcare scheme as a mama grizzly
bear.  No surprise there, it has his name on it.  So, OK, let that stand.
We will find out soon enough if that whole thing will work or not.  I am
predicting not.

Then we find enough cuts somewhere else.  Do like we did with sequestration:
balance the cuts between domestic and military spending, but find the cuts
and keep cutting and when we finish cutting, cut some more.  Extend the debt
ceiling a hundred billion at a time, so really all congress is doing is
finding cuts.  There are places they can cut.  They must.

This is all turning out to be a test case which has been needed since the
days of Keynes and Hayek.  I have never been able to convince myself that we
can overspend long term and survive any better than the commies could in the
80s.