[ExI] [Bulk] Re: eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Oct 13 08:31:37 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 08:14:06PM -0400, Lloyd Miller wrote:
> are.  So this is all yours, all of it, enjoy.
>
> John, if O-care fails, don't you think someone should be held accountable?
> If it succeeds, shouldn't someone be rewarded?  Doesn't that seem fair?
>
> Lloyd Sez:  The problem is, even if ObamaCare is a disaster, the
> DEM(agogues) with the help of the DEM(agogue) media (minus Fox) will see too
> it that the blame will not fall on the DEM(agogues), but on their political
> opposition and/or "the people."  Then, the government will ratchet down the
> tyranny to "make" the law work!
>

> According to the Constitution, the House of Representatives has the veto on
> all spending.  So, they should just vote no.  If Obama shuts down the
> government it is time for revolution.  That's how the Founders would have
> handled it.  They literally "stuck to their guns."

The US health costs are now some 18% of GDP, while many go uninsured.
This is ridiculously bad, and obviously unsustainable.

It is one of the most inefficient health systems in the world

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/26/21-graphs-that-show-americas-health-care-prices-are-ludicrous/

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst/most-efficient-health-care-countries

This is what you should be up in the arms again.
Hey, and how about the bloody wars and domestic
"security" and surveillance racket?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/07/everything-chuck-hagel-needs-to-know-about-the-defense-budget-in-charts/

And interest on debt? The prison industry, the result of
war on some drugs? The education bubble? Sinking your
money into domestic fossil hole in the ground instead
of renewable? And so on, and so forth.

Get rid of the donklephant. Don't buy into staged fights
between two wings of the same party.