[ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 14 15:20:18 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of spike

>...Watch that video, then go to HealthCare.gov.  If you can get it to work,
the first thing they do is ask for a bunch of personal information,
birthdate, legal name, address, email, three security questions, social
security number, everything an identity thief would need to empty your bank
account.
And it goes to a person who has been caught sharing confidential taxpayer
information with unauthorized parties, specifically political
opposition...spike

Data and security hipsters, do offer me some guidance please.  Why would the
government have set up a system (Healthcare.gov) which looks to me like
strong security just to go in and shop, or just to get a quote?  I
understand the birthdate and address, because your age and state determine
your health insurance price.  But why do they need to know your social
security number?  And why the security questions?  Just to shop?  Couldn't
they ask for that only if you choose to buy something and pay with a credit
card?  What if you wanted to use PayPal instead?  Or get a paper bill in the
snail mail so you can pay with a check?  Are you really going to give all
that information to an organization which recent had a top officer give
self-contradictory testimony, then invoke the fifth amendment?  And that
apparent felon's boss was caught sharing confidential tax payer information
with unauthorized persons?  And if so, are you completely crazy?

Someone, do explain please: what (if anything) were they thinking?