[ExI] Warren Buffett is worried too and thinks Republicans are "asinine"

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 19 16:18:34 UTC 2013

>. On Behalf Of John Clark
>.

>> You are saying the Tea Party is made up of crazy fools

>Yes.

>> therefore their arguments can be safely dismissed.

>Yes.

John, even if they are wrong, they appear neither crazy nor foolish to me,
but merely wrong, if they are wrong.  I suspect they are right on the borrow
and spend notion, which is their only official position.

>>. The Tea Party is gently suggesting that we cannot sustain the endless
borrowing and overspending the way we have been doing for at least 14 years.
Does that mean you believe we can sustain the borrow and spend indefinitely?

>.Probably. The government of the USA has been in debt every year since
1835.

Yes, the 'so far so good' argument.

>. as long as the Tea Party is not involved.

Ja.  We can call that: 'Since they get it all wrong on biology, we are
compelled to not just dismiss but assume the opposite of whatever they say
on economics' argument.

Side note: the Tea Party has no position on evolution.  There may be TP
proponents of creationism, but the TP has no position on it.  The TP has no
position on abortion, drug laws, minority rights, none of that stuff.

>. I see no reason this can't continue.  John K Clark

Very good then, we have both clearly stated our positions.  The Tea Party
says our current rate of borrow and spend cannot continue.  You say it can,
so long as the Tea Party is not involved, since they believe in creationism,
etc.

We can refute their views on biology, but have not on economics.  It looks
to me like this is one case where the suspected creationists got it right on
government borrowing and spending.