[ExI] What if humans were twice as intelligent?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:42:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM, rex wrote:
<snip>
> I stumbled across the Prestion-Campbell paper a few years ago and
> was so surprised I put up a web page about it.
>
> http://www.nosyntax.net/cfwiki/index.php/Differential_Breeding
> http://www.nosyntax.net/cfwiki/index.php/Preston_Campbell_1993

It looks like there are a lot of differing opinions on this subject.

Some argue that IQ is just not a heritable characteristic. i.e.
Regression to the mean within populations.
But populations are not constant.  There is immigration and emigration going on.

Others claim that education and poverty are more significant factors.
Obviously severe poverty or pollution can badly affect a child's
developing brain. And wealth enables a child's development.

Others say that it is the number of children in a family that affects
a child's development. I.e. fewer children with a large gap in years
between children enables the parents to give more time to caring for
the child.

There seem to be just too many factors involved.

BillK