[ExI] [tt] [Server-sky] Intel trigate transistors and radiation

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Oct 22 17:40:24 UTC 2013

I've been offline for a while, learning more about the
van Allen belt, diffusion of particles through the
various regions, etc.  There is surprisingly little
"intermediate" level technical description out there.
We may have to create it ourselves out of the more
sophisticated models and papers, so we can engineer
with it, and explain our design decisions to others.

As the semiconductor literature suggests, I've verified
that the radiation resistance of the recent Intel
trigate processes is indeed fantastic, which raises
issues with export control for Intel's commercial
products.  Intel is negotiating with the US government
now to resolve these issues.  Server Sky's future
options hinge on successful negotiations, so wish
them luck, but please don't upset the process.

We may find similar technologies (eventually) at TSMC
or Samsung, but that may require that Server Sky
exports the design work and perhaps ourselves, not
only production and launch.  Color me provincial,
but I'd rather make jobs for friends and neighbors
here in the US.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com