[ExI] Stability of Mutualist Societies in the Face of AI

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:31:50 UTC 2013

On Oct 22, 2013 2:22 PM, "Anders Sandberg" <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> But more relevantly, if AI can do stuff, why should I trade with you?
Yes, you might have an AI, and I exchange some stuff I or my AI do for its
products, but I am not really trading with *you*. If I had your AI I would
just use it straight away. The whole trade idea goes away.

Ah, but you don't.  Any AI is not necessarily the same as any other.
Further, my AI might take advantage of tools or resources not available to
your AI...without trade, anyway.

If you are trading with my AI, in many senses you are essentially trading
with me: you are trading with my agent for resources under my control.