[ExI] europeans say yanks are spying

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 24 15:21:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 07:44:56AM -0700, spike wrote:

> But I don't understand why they would care.  They aren't the Tea Party and

Most don't care. See last elections.

> are not subject to an IRS audit.  To quote a once and future president: What
> difference does it make?

To these who actually care (less than 10%): They're human, mortal, and don't
want to be killed or sent to the camps.

Dissent is impossible in a Panopticon. We're on our way to become Vinge's
Emergents. Once we arrive there, there will be no Queng Ho to save us.

You might see some of the machinery put into place in action when the world
economy goes south. In the US, specifically, when there are large scale riots
threatening to turn into a civil war.