[ExI] Dawn of Autonomous Corporations

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:52:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Christian Vanderwall <
cvanderwall14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://btcgeek.com/dawn-of-autonomous-corporations/
>
> Thoughts?

Christian, My thought is that this is an amazing concept.

My second thought is how would you incentivize someone to start building
such a beastie. I can see how you could do it technically. But what I don't
see is why you would spend years of your life building such a thing.

I mean, I can see how building wikileaks on this model would be a good
thing. The question is why would anyone do it?

I get that the founder of Bitcoin did it out of a sense of enabling anarchy
(freedom, whatever you want to call it), but the world usually runs on
money. So how does a founder make money out of such an arrangement? And if
you can't, it seems that this will remain forever a niche formulation of
human effort compared to such things as corporations.

Any ideas?

-Kelly