[ExI] Warren Buffett is worried too and thinks Republicans are "asinine"

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 14:36:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> It's too late for that, YOU ALREADY BOUGHT IT!
>>

> > This is a tax bill which does not conform to the requirements of article
> 1 section 7 clause 1.  We have never already bought it and we are not
> already buying it now.

Although it will come as a big surprise to the Tea Party the fact is that
there are other things in the world than Obamacare, and the pronoun “it”
that I used above does NOT refer to Obamacare, “it" refers to all the bills
for all the stuff that you already voted to buy that would be declared
overdue in just 90 minutes.

 > The house has never bought the ACA opt-out penalty as a tax.  Reasoning:
> the ACA originated in the Senate and was passed into law on 30 March 2010
> [...]  However, they confirmed that the individual mandate is legal if it
> is declared a tax, and the fed can levy a tax under the 16th amendment.  So
> now [...]

Spike, I never said what the Republicans were doing was unconstitutional, I
said it was astoundingly stupid and irresponsible. And there are other
things happening in the world, this obsession over Obamacare is
counterproductive; when people see a very unpopular organization like the
Tea Party (that has become dramatically more unpopular in the last 30 days)
hate something that much they figure it can’t be all bad. As for me I no
longer much care if Obamacare is a good idea or bad because the
significance of the entire issue is dwarfed by the looming menace of
default and the slack jawed stupidity that almost caused that to happen and
still might in January.

  John K Clark