[ExI] readers digest version of hayek

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 18:02:57 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ** **

> *>…* *On Behalf Of *Kelly Anderson****
>
> >…Spike, I heard this same argument on Hannity, and you're better than him
>>
> ** **
>
> You flatter me sir.  He has the TV show.  All I have is you guys.

Yes, but you really "have" us. At least me.

> ****
>

> >… Kathleen Sebelius is a despicable human being…****
>
> ** **
>
> Never met her, don’t know anything about her personally.

The thing that is horrible about her is that she's a bureaucrat. They are
all evil. Banally evil.

> ****
>
> >… and bureaucrat who has done horrible things in the name of supporting
> Obamacare, but this is honestly a poorly formed argument…-Kelly
>
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Criticism accepted!  I won’t do it again.  This week.  Well, depending on
> what your definition of week is.  {8^]

Well, if I don't criticize you when I think you're wrong, I'll lose what
little credibility I might have... LOL

> ****
>
> I must repeat and reinforce a previous comment: knowing what was at stake
> here, I am astonished HHS would not have discovered in time the coming
> catastrophe and stopped the rollout, looking for some face-saving way to
> postpone until they could fix the site, perhaps by blaming Tea Party
> activists.  It feels like it was insider sabotage, but I cannot figure out
> the angle or motive.

Big software projects are complex enough in the private sector. Add the
complexities of government oversight, and you have a formula for failure.
It has happened MANY times. It happens a lot in private industry too.
Occam's razor tells me the simplest answer is that software is a bitch and
big software is more of a bitch.

> Of course, just because the US government’s credibility has been shredded
> beyond recognition does not mean we are not allowed to have some fun with
> it.  Ms. Sebelius was on Saturday Night Live last night.  Check it
> outwardly:
>
> ** **
>

> http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/10/27/snl-open-sebelius-hilarious-tips-for-navigating-sucking-website-86015

That was amusing.

> ****
>
> ** **

> ** **
>
> The SLN gag is a lot funnier if you have actually tried to use the site
> and have been stuck on the spinning rainbow for several minutes, then had
> it time out while you were waiting for it to respond.  This is a rare
> example of geek humor, especially funny for internet hipsters.  Well done,
> SNL!****

Reminds me of this TED talk...
http://bit.ly/17pECJs

-Kelly