[ExI] A Gedanken Rational Eugenics Experiment (AGREE)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 18:19:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Note that you would need to pay *a lot*. The below 1 SD population is
> around 15%, so in the US that would be about 47 million people you need to
> pay off. I am not sure what the going price for getting sterilized is, but
> at least I expect it to be on the order of a few thousand dollars - we are
> easily talking hundreds of billions here. Not quite as much as is already
> spent on elementary schools, but still a lot.

There is a successful private endeavor to sterilize female drug addicts for
as little as $300.
http://www.projectprevention.org

Unfortunately, low IQ apparently is negatively correlated with drug use. At
least in one study.
http://www.ibtimes.com/smart-people-illegal-drugs-intelligent-people-dont-always-do-right-thing-371056

-Kelly