[ExI] Inflation graph

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:05:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> John, what I am saying is that these inflation numbers depend on what it
> is you are buying.

Obviously.

>  Prices for electronics and most manufactured goods have been falling for
> years,

Yes, and if you eliminate all the things that go down in price and only
consider the things that go up you can make inflation look much worse, and
if you consider only things that go down in price you can make inflation
look much better; but in science you can't throw out data just because it
doesn't support your theory and only accept data that does support it. And
the data from at least the last ten years is clear as a crystal, massive
government spending and massive government debt has NOT caused massive
inflation; I would have thought it would have but it did not, so I guess I
don't know all there is to know about economics after all. And I don't see
how anyone can dispassionately look at the data and say that inflation is
the most important economic problem we have right now on October 29 2013.

> while fuel and food have been going up smartly.

Food prices have spiked because of the idiotic bio-fuel laws and have
nothing to do with deficit spending, fortunately in the USA less than 7% of
annual income is spent on food.  And as for fuel, take a look at the 2
charts below, it sure doesn't look like fuel prices have gone up much:

John K Clark