[ExI] How to build a happier brain

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 30 01:58:34 UTC 2013

>. On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>.It would be interesting though to have seen whether Einstein accomplished
more on days that he felt happy during that period. I know that I have super
productive days, and super non-productive days. I wish I could figure out
better what leads to the more productive days.  -Kelly

There is no question for me: sadness is definitely correlated with creative
thinking.  When I am happy, I don't think, I just have fun.  It isn't clear
if sadness actually causes creativity, or if creativity somehow causes
sadness, but if the latter it seems like it should be the other way around.
Discovering something certainly causes satisfaction, and discovery usually
requires creativity.