[ExI] How to build a happier brain

KPJ kpj at sics.se
Thu Oct 31 12:15:58 UTC 2013

Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:35:58 +0000, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se>
scripsit:

|> On 2013-10-30 14:17, spike wrote:
|>
|> disorder is overrepresented among creative geniuses. Not settled,
but I did
|> note that an entire room of postdocs at a maths department I visited
were
|> bipolar. -- Dr Anders Sandberg
|>
|> Once we figure out that linkage, I want to know why it is so many
creative
|> geniuses are obsessive compulsive.

[SNIP].

|OCD is great for science, as long as it is not extreme enough to
prevent
|you from finishing. Just like Aspergers the right pinch of
|non-neurotypicalness can be very useful in the right context.

Explain.

This e-mail message contains information from
the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] which
may be confidential or privileged. The information
is intended to be for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or other use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please
notify us by telephone ([REDACTED]) or by electronic
mail ([REDACTED]@[REDACTED]) immediately.
Have a nie day.