[ExI] Inflation graph

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 31 20:32:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 08:37:29AM -0700, spike wrote:

> It isn't so much inflation is a lie, but rather that it is different for

Inflation is very much a lie, because there is a huge financial incentive
to minimize the number. Many other statistics are doctured. E.g. the unemployment
numbers are cooked ten times to sunday. And then there's the touching belief
that GDP is a good metric to represent the real economy activities.

It seems people want to be deceived, given that reality is rather glum.