[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 17:46:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> We may be at, or nearing, or possibly even past, the peak average
> intelligence of our species, depending on how it is measured, and that last
> phrase is very important.  I know we have these IQ tests and performance is
> going up.  But we may be fooling ourselves.

No offense, spike, but making conclusions based on that is a fallacy just
like assuming that there must be other civilizations out there just because
there are so many stars.

Sure, we may be.  Or we may not be.  The hard, non-anecdotal evidence - the
IQ tests and performance, as you mention - suggests we are not.  Therefore
the most likely conclusion is that we are not.