[ExI] How to make progress (was Re: Why do political and economic leaders deny Peak Oil and Climate Change?)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Sep 8 03:52:24 UTC 2013

Oh thanks spike!  That is great!

And it so funny to see the naive, twisted, mistaken
arguments/assumptions like cutting the people by 1/3 will triple the
amount of oil each one of us has.  I'd believe that it was more accurate
that cutting humanity, at all, would decrease the amount of oil the rest
of us have.  In other words, the more people there are, the more you can
mass produce oil wells and the more people there are to search for them,
the more you can discover things like fraking, and the more it makes
energy cheaper for everyone.  Kill any one of us, and it makes oil that
much more expensive, making ever more of our loved ones fail to make it
to eternal heaven, thereby suffering eternal damnation.  Now that is by
far more significant than any other "it's the end of the world", rant,
if you ask me.

But, I could be wrong, so if any kind of true consensus could be really
shown to exist [hint: I don't believe the global warmers claiming there
is a 'consensus' that global warming is a problem - I want real
quantitative numbers about concise things, otherwise it's all just fear
mongering, and no better than this one girl I met last month that claims
the Gods drew pictures of themselves on Mars (which you can see in Nasa
photographs, at least if you really squint, and have here help you see
them), and if we don't listen to her and them, they're going to destroy
us all!!  dun dun dun..!!  And all the other people that have been
predicting the end of the world for centuries.

Brent