[ExI] How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Sep 9 13:47:52 UTC 2013

Il 09/09/2013 15:08, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 02:52:51PM +0200, Mirco Romanato wrote:
>> How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

>> http://abcnews.go.com/International/electricity-luxury-good/story?id=20158621#!

> You're citing bullshit.

Do you say I'm trying to bullshit a bullshitter?

>> "It is only gradually becoming apparent how the renewable energy
>> subsidies redistribute money from the poor to the more affluent,
>> like when someone living in small rental apartment subsidizes a
>> homeowner's roof-mounted solar panels through his electricity bill.
>> The SPD, which sees itself as the party of the working class, long
>> ignored this regressive aspect of the system. The Greens, the party
>> of higher earners, continue to do so."

The point is "They see themselves as" instead "they are the party of"

> Teflon Angie & Mimimi Roesler are against renewables. Always have
> been. Wholesale electricity prices have *fallen*.

Do you pay your electricity at wholesale prices or at end user prices?

> Hefty price increases to end users are artificial, as we're facing
> national votes in a couple weeks.

Sure, it is a conspiracy of the evvvvilll capitalists (if you want, but
it is not recommended, you can add Jews, masons, rettilians, Nibiru
between evil and capitalists).

>> Apparently Germany is starting the road to become a
>> hunter-gatherer society. But surely they will be happy to hunt and
>> gather and die at 35 like Ötzi.

> Why, why has exi-chat regressed into a slimy pool, full of
> reactionary trolls?

What is reactionary for some is progressive for others.

In my opinion, forcing people to live in dark homes, without electricity
and heating, without the ability to store food or cook is reactionary.

But surely the reactionaries will expose the luminous and progressive
future of their policies and how these short term problems they never
endure (or will solve) are absolutely not important (for them).

Mirco