[ExI] Eternity in six hours: intergalactic spreading of intelligent life and sharpening the Fermi paradox

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 09:06:22 UTC 2013

> they conclude that sitting around waiting for their sun/s to die off or
explode is a really bad idea, especially if they have the technical means
to extend its life span through the complete recycling of its emitted
radiation.

Instead of just recycling their initial star's energy, wouldn't they want
to recycle all around?

This self limitation is very unlikely. Even much less for "all those
millions civs everywhere".

The Rare Earth is the only sane explanation for our apparent solitude.