[ExI] Eternity in six hours: intergalactic spreading of intelligent life and sharpening the Fermi paradox

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 13:28:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Eugen Leitl  wrote:
> The authors sure didn't. You did. Hint: the article has nothing
> whatsoever to do with the origin of life. We already know that
> prebiotic chemistry was clement enough at least in one instance.

Yes, it does. Organic molecules are a necessary precursor to life.
Complex organic molecules have already been detected in dust clouds
and this paper shows how organic chemistry flourishes in cold dust
clouds in space.

To date nobody - not even you - knows how life is created, but we do
know that organic chemistry comes first and we now also know that
organic chemistry is not limited to 'habitable zones'.

BillK