[ExI] Silence in the sky—but why?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Sep 10 20:15:12 UTC 2013

Il 09/09/2013 04:55, TwentFirstCentury Matters ha scritto:
> What do you visualise when you think of extraterrestrials? Immediately I
> think of a Portuguese Man Of War
> type colonial, in reaction to the automatic presumption by so many that
> an ET would be Earthlike.
>
> At any rate, bilateral symmetry is not what first comes to mind--
> appears too pat IMO.

If we think rationally about it we should suppose any traveler from
another star will be technologically advanced enough to have no need of
our resources.

Why mine a planet when you can mine a asteroid field?
If they are able to come here, they surely have some sources of energy
vastly superior to ours.

Then, if resources are not a concern, the reasons to travel is to find
some new home and curiosity.

Mirco