[ExI] Eternity in six hours: intergalactic spreading of intelligent life and sharpening the Fermi paradox

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 08:42:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 02:21:34 +1200, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > do I have to invoke the the scientific consensus of the day regarding
>> the impossibility of heavier than air flight
>

> That was an engineering question not a scientific one.

Odd could have sworn the story I read mentioned scientists opinion, oh
well, maybe the story has become the stuff of urban legend, and every one
retells it slightly differently.

> I see no proof or even evidence that is happening, people still have a
> right to make a fool of themselves. Denying the existence of Dark Energy
> and Dark Matter hasn't yet reached the level of foolishness as denying
> that
> the world is round, but it's getting there. Maybe.

So, no love lost on the hybrid gravity-plasma physics guys and girls then?

And in a touch of irony perhaps, I caught the NASA announcement on the
news the other day that Voyager is now in interstellar space, and they
know this because it's instruments detected the presence of a heavy
plasma, go figure.

And please feel free to skip the crucifixion if that sounds incorrect,
this is the same news station that gleefully parrots the BBCs
counter-factually wrong AGW propaganda, I don't trust them to correctly
report the color of the sky on a clear day.

> We know that Einstein's General Theory of Relativity CAN NOT be even
> approximately true and correct all the time because at the singularity in
> the center of a Black Hole it produces nonsense results, and because it
> is
> mathematically inconsistent with Quantum Mechanics.

Well since you mentioned it, couldn't our hypothetical super advanced
alien friends be dumping all their excess IR radiation into a Black Hole?

Granted they would have to have a really really good reason to want to do
so, but who knows maybe the great interstellar purple people eater is
attracted to big dark warm balls in space.