[ExI] To Boldly Go Nowhere, for Now

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 01:36:49 UTC 2013

From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>

snip

> We need to design and build robots which can build space based solar power
> stations, and start sending that power down forthwith.

And suppose it turns out much harder to build such robots than we now
think. Does that mean we can't have power satellites?

My analysis is that the cost of people is low in the context of
building power satellites, around 1/3 of a percent of the materials
flow to GEO.

Further everything shipped to GEO, even the digested remains of the
ham sandwiches, is useful for building power satellites. If nothing
else, it can be use as gravity gradient ballast to keep the power
satellite pointed toward the earth.

Keith