[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:15:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013  Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> If it became that popular then environmentalists would organize protest
> marches and sing songs against wind power because it disrupts the movement
> of global air patterns, kills birds, and is ugly and noisy.
> Environmentalists never met a large scale energy source they didn't hate so
> wind power, or anything else for that matter, is OK only if it remains
> tiny, uneconomic and impractical and doesn't come anywhere close to
> actually solving the problem.

The root of this is that most "environmentalists" are simply
anti-capitalists or anti-humanists who dress up in something a little more
palatable to the masses. Who hates a polar bear? Nobody. Who wants to sit
their ass out on the ice next to the bear? Nobody. Who wants everybody else
to sit their ass out on the ice next to the bear? The environmentalists.

> > Renewable deployment rate runs short a factor of 100,
>

> Because environmentalists refuse to even consider renewable energy sources
> like thorium reactors.

I recently spoke with a group of retired engineers who used to work for the
Idaho National Laboratory. They indicated that they had once built and
detonated a thorium based nuclear weapon, which I thought was interesting.
Most of the thorium advocates claim it is safer in terms of nuclear weapons
proliferation. Perhaps it is really difficult to make a bomb out of
thorium, but apparently, it is possible.

> Well if its too late and nothing can be done then continuing to blab about
> it is utterly pointless. Let us enjoy the little time we have left before
> the environmentalists get what they want and we all freeze to death in the
> dark.
>
> > WHY DO YOU THINK I BOTHER WRITING THIS CRAP?
>>

> I have no answer to that.

Because Eugen's wind is a renewable energy source? ;-)

-Kelly