[ExI] roboburgers to go

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:03:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 02:57:37PM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
> > McDonald's business model doesn't seem to be about good food to me. It
> > seems to be about appealing to children, who drag their parents kicking
> and
> > screaming into the joint.
>
> The Golden Arches are less about burgers than then are about real estate.

Location location location. We have a storage company here in town that has
a model like that. They put storage units in places where they think
Walmart or someone will want to build a store in 15 years. They make more
money on the real estate increasing in value than in storing people's junk.

-Kelly