[ExI] Photonic molecules

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu Sep 26 13:21:33 UTC 2013

<http://phys.org/news/2013-09-scientists-never-before-seen.html>

>Working with colleagues at the Harvard-MIT
>Center for Ultracold Atoms, a group led by
>Harvard Professor of Physics Mikhail Lukin and
>MIT Professor of Physics Vladan Vuletic have
>managed to coax photons into binding together to
>form molecules – a state of matter that, until
>recently, had been purely theoretical.

Everyone's reporting off the same press release.
This version at least omits the stock photo of a
light saber. Lukin's group's earlier papers are
at <http://lukin.physics.harvard.edu/>; Vladin's
group's are at <www.rle.mit.edu/eap>.

I don't think I'm related to Lukin. It's not
inconceivable; I'm just starting to explore what
became of the Lubkins who stayed in Russia. (Yes,
he's missing the B, but I have relatives who dropped the K.)

-- David.