[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 01:08:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:57:47 +1200, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Because alternative fuelcycle MSR breeders are an unsolved problem.
> Nobody knows if they can be made to work eventually,

So more research and development is needed to figure out if they are
feasible, isn't that pretty much par for the course of every new piece of
complex technology humans have invented?

> but even if,
> we already know they would come too late to make a difference.

Too late, how so?, surely everything arrives into existence right after
some clever person(s) gets off their ass and decides to make something
useful, exactly when is of more interest to historians I would think.