[ExI] malevolent machines

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 9 21:41:08 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Tara Maya

>.I agree that it's possible for sufficiently advanced robots to behave
unexpectedly. What I find interesting is how our fears are shaped by what we
do expect. For instance, for those of us who think the most important
metaphor for robots is as our slaves, the greatest danger is that they might
rebel and kill or enslave us. Whereas, for those of us who think the the
most important metaphor for robots is as our children, the greatest danger
is that despite the huge amount of money we will waste educating them, they
will just move back in with us to live in the basement playing video games.

Tara Maya

Priceless!  What an insight!

{8^D

Thanks Tara, you made my day pal.