[ExI] Death follows European contact (Mirco Romanato)

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 13 17:14:22 UTC 2014

One scathing commentator:

>…This optimistic theme coincides with the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
laureate's ongoing wars on at least four continents (Asia, Africa,
Europe, and South America) and the US military's spread to more than
eight hundred bases worldwide…

When people write silliness like this, it is evidence they didn’t read Pinker’s book, or if so, didn’t get it.  Perhaps this commentator read only the introduction or the cover flaps or even someone else’s commentary on the book and immediately took to promoting their own favorite ideology.

Right or wrong, Pinker’s book brings up some really important questions, and sheds light on Keith Henson’s favorite topic, evolutionary psychology.  Do we have sufficient critical mass to create a Better Angels discussion group?  Or shall we just post it all here?  How many Better Angel fans have we?  Keith?  Rafal?  Others?