[ExI] AI motivation, was malevolent machines

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:51:52 UTC 2014

It still seems like there is a bit of dualism here, just a whiff, as if
consciousness were epiphenomenal.  I exchanged a few emails with Kahneman
and he of all people is a dualist who will not admit that anything of what
he says happens in the brain.

I am completely comfortable with the idea that consciousness is totally
physical (in the claustrum, maybe?) - in fact, everything is.  Physical
monism.  I don't think dualists will ever solve their conundrum.  bill w