[ExI] Death follows European contact (Mirco Romanato)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 22:24:46 UTC 2014

Problem:  the Pinker effect, as you call it, has been going on now for a
few hundred years, most of which was lead-free.  Still, 20% of the variance
is no small thing.  A Pearson r of .40 often is quite satisfactory in
psychological studies.

 I suspect that as people get safer, they commit less violence and that may
turn off some genes, which can be passed on to their offspring a la the
epigenetic effect.  Pinker mentions epigenetics but not much, and most of
what we know about it (as far as I know) has been gathered in the last few
years.  bill w