[ExI] turing movie

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Aug 5 20:07:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 10:03:46PM -0700, spike wrote:

> Hey cool!  There's an Alan Turing movie coming in four months:
>

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/
>

> Cool, this might be excellent.

This WILL be excellent. Just think of it. Turing and Knightley are
being parachuted into the dark heart of nazi Germany. Turing uses his
magical knowledge of "mahetmacits" to help them avoid the chase by
SS-men. Y'know, game theory, chaos theory, cool Mandelbrot pictures
drawn by automaton in his suitcase - he looks at it and he says "now
we go 500 meters left, and jump into the baloon". WTF, thinks
Knightley, but they go there and hoopla, the milkboy has just left his
milk delivery baloon unattended (because we can deliver milk to the
street but then someone has to go out and deliver bottle of milk to
the door). As they go, Knightley shoots SS-men from her crossbow,
equipped with sniper lunette, capable of downing a man from thousand
meters thanks to top-secret "ultrawolframic" arrows.

Then they start a romance, because Knightley is the very hottie. So
after about an hour into the movie Turing says to her "you know, I was
experimenting in bed with men and wanted to kill Hitler, but now I
look at you and I really wonder, could we be happy together?" and she
says "yes! and fuck Hitler" - to which he protests "noo! not
him!". Then they land the baloon into the barn somewhere in Westfalia
or Bavaria and are happy together (alas, the screen goes dark, at
least in PG-13 version but there are some deleted scenes saved for
DVD-edition). On the next day they rob the bank, using his
magicothematics and her crossbow (he also wakes up the beast inside
him and kicks a lot vanDamme/ChuckNorris style). Then they steal
another baloon and run away to some neutral country.

To spice it all up, they are chased by Turing lookalike who is a robot