[ExI] Wanderers

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:27:56 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Anders Sandberg  wrote:
> The dose of vision for this weekend:
> http://vimeo.com/108650530
> (Except that I expect slightly more ambitious bodies too)

Good visuals and words. Viewers universally praised it. Phil Plait
raved about it.

But it made me sad.....

Viewed from the comfort of my armchair it was a lovely vision.

But then I thought about the reality of living in that vision. Locked
in a tin box for months or years to get there. Trapped in a metal dome
on a desert planet. Sealed in a spacesuit to venture outside the dome.
It would be like volunteering to go to a prison with barren views out
the window.

To me it emphasized that these places are not for humans. They are for
our machines.

BillK