[ExI] "Dispatches from the bleeding edge of biotech"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:28:54 UTC 2014

Transhumanists making good!  I know John, who is a great guy...  I hope
they accomplish much, and become filthy rich!  :  )

"Ryan Bethencourt seized his opportunity back in 2008. That made him an
outlier: most people, after all, were seizing pink slips, not
opportunities. But while the Great Recession wiped out billions in home
equity and blew up companies by the score, it also freed up plenty of hard
assets. In simple terms, you could buy a lot of expensive stuff for a song.
And that’s just what Bethencourt and his pal, molecular biologist and
fellow DIYbio enthusiast, John Schloendorn, did."

John  :  )