[ExI] Smarter mice

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Dec 11 00:37:15 UTC 2014

James Clement <clementlawyer at gmail.com> , 9/12/2014 9:37 PM:

Goldman and Nedergaard's experiments are primarily concerned with finding ways to remyelinate damaged brains, but they both realize that if used in "normal" people, would likely lead to enhanced intelligence. Of course there's no easy funding for this, at least at this time.

How is that supposed to work? I can imagine that a different glial architecture in a mouse has some effect, but in humans we would just get the same glial architecture.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University