[ExI] hard science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 18:56:53 UTC 2014

Less than a cubic millimeter

If all human knowledge, photos, corporate records, Tv shows, everything,
can fit into one cubic millimeter, then I can attach it to some flying
contraption, duplicate it millions of times, and have it available all over
the planet.  I assume getting the data out by some sort of radio signal is
no problem.  So, everyone everywhere has access to everything instantly.
Now if a biological radio can be designed and fitted into their skulls (and
included in the DNA), then there will be no need for any sort of inorganic
gadget implantation in their heads.

The reason I think it will take tens of thousands of years is that genetics
and epigenetics is so incredibly complex that traits that depend on dozens
or even scores of genes will take a very long time to figure out.  It
wasn't very long ago that we called some of it 'junk' DNA before we learned
that maybe it did something after all.  I figure we are very, very low on
the curve - the positively accelerated part.   bill