[ExI] Human Aging experiences

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:46:22 UTC 2014

Some of you who have known me for decades may remember that for a few
years I was on crutches from back problems, and while I got better I
never really got over it.  In recent years it had been getting worse.

My wife, Arel, was likewise with knee pain.  So a couple of years ago
we went looking to see what (if anything) medical advances might do
about these.

We found a company that seemed to do what it took and read their
studies about how they had developed and tested their procedures, from
theory and animal work right up to human studies.

The treatment Arel wanted was not available in the US because of the
FDA, so she made two trips to the Cayman Islands, one to extract stem
cells and another in July of 2012 to have her knee rebuilt with a
grown out clone of her stem cells.

While they were at it, they fixed a damaged spot in her back that was
giving her nerve pain into a toe.  The treatments fixed both the knees
and the back problem.  From an objective point of view, 3 weeks after
the treatment I watched her go down the front steps without hanging on
to the rail, and three weeks after that, I saw her go down the steps
with a plate in each hand.  (She was not aware of the observation.)

That was impressive because prior to treatment the sharp bone-on-bone
pains in her knees would cause her to collapse occasionally on stairs.
 Today she walks long distances and climbs stairs without pain.

So about three months ago, I started in on a series of treatments to
rebuild my back.  The last was yesterday.  They do not use extracted
and cloned stem cells, but do use extracted platelet contents as a way
to get local stem cells to repair the wear and tear damage to backs.

They also use saline under pressure to open up spaces so there is no
longer pressure on the nerves.  It's an outpatient procedure, though
in my case they had me on the table for close to two hour a session.
They do it with only local anesthesia, but taking a few strong
painkillers before is a good idea.

Of course I can't provide anything but a subjective report, though if
someone wants to pay for an MRI, and the cost of a radiologist making
careful comparison of the before and after views that would give an
objective view.

In any case, I am very pleased with the results.  It has cut my use of
painkillers way down.  One day after the last treatment, I have not
taken any.

I would strongly advise anyone considering knee, shoulder, back or hip
surgery to look into this.

Insurance doesn't pay for it yet, but I suspect that a minor amount of
legal work would force the insurance companies into paying for
substantially less expensive treatments.  For knees, the cost is
around 1/5th of a knee replacement.

Keith