[ExI] Human Aging

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 18:34:07 UTC 2014

On Feb 17, 2014 6:12 AM, "Mike Dougherty" <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If consuming turmeric or ginger in higher than typical amounts is
biohacking, then I'll grant you use of the term is very inclusive.

Technically that qualifies.  It is far milder than certain other uses,
granted.

> I would likely reserve that term for more aggressive or radical forms of
enhancement like cyborgization and tDCS.

Actually I would put those two as less so, since they are less purely bio,
even if more extreme in other measures.

> However, I could see supporting a kickstarter project aimed at increasing
awareness of transhumanist goals as acting on belief/principle.  I also
vote with dollars by consuming entertainment in this vein such that it
incentivizes produces to create more.  In that sense actively promoting
transhumanist memes is action without biohacking.

Yes, but that is not directly life extension.  Transhumanism includes a lot
more than biohacking, but within certain very narrow domains they become
the same in practice.