[ExI] notes for christine lajeunesse

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 5 16:58:31 UTC 2014

To all who wrote notes of encouragement to Dr. Lajeunesse, THANKS!

Below is a note I just received from Bob, who is taking them over tomorrow.
I can't go over to Reno tomorrow because of family obligations.  Yes I know
Bob wrote "words of engorgement" which might have connotations of other
things besides encouragement, but his heart is in the right place.  Dr.
Lajeunesse saved his life.  She contributed ideas freely to my laser
lithotripsy notion.  If she had half as much time to waste as we do, Dr.
Lajeunesse would be a regular on extropians.

Bob wrote:

Tomorrow, the 6th, is the arbitrary date chosen to assemble the picture,
plus your individual messages, to be delivered to Christine Lajeunesse.  As
most know, a crazy-that was unknown to her-shot her at close range with a
12-gage.  She and another survives, but one of her doctor partners died at
the scene.  Her complete recovery seems doubtful to me.knowing the damage a
12-gage will inflect.

She has long been one of our email buddies, though not all have had direct
exchanges with her.  But, much of her limited free time has been used to
read and enjoy our emails.

I know that receiving words of engorgement from all of you would be
priceless for her.  The back of a large 13x19-inch picture will be used for
inscriptions from all of you.  My hope is to fill the space completely.with
small print.

Anthony anthony at difranza.com