[ExI] The second step towards immortality

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Jan 6 16:24:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-06 15:55, Mirco Romanato wrote:
> Copying yourself (not back-up yourself) is not useful, if we remain
> within the Bitcoin analogy, because then you have two individuals with
> total access to the same resources. It will probably and rapidly end
> with one of them monopolizing all the resources and the other with
> nothing.

Speak for yourself. I would happily split my bank account with that
charming and reasonable other-me. Maybe I-before-the-split would set up
a contractual structure for the future copy-clade of Anderses to avoid
excessive copying (and hence wage dumping) and some coordination to
ensure joint plans are enforced, but overall I take a fairly libertarian
view that each individual should have their own resources and that
splits (rather than spurs) should split their resources equally.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute