[ExI] Question re Website Software - Dreamweaver

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:33:27 UTC 2014

On Jan 7, 2014 10:23 AM, "Anders Sandberg" <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> On 2014-01-07 17:07, natasha at natasha.cc wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to use Dreamweaver for websites?

What do you need to know?  I haven't used it much, but are you asking about
specific features or do you want to make a site in general?

> I have not used it in a long time, but I think I used version 3.0 or
something like that... Actually, how *do* you make websites these days?
(Besides writing HTML in Emacs, of course)

Writing HTML in vi, or Notepad.  Or, sometimes, using one of the many tools
that promise but never seem to quite deliver WYSIWYG across all modern
browsers.

> Oh. I just had the awesome realization that I have not compiled any C or
C++ this entire century and have no idea what an IDE really is or how to
use it. So what are the kids using when they make those "äpp" things I have
been hearing so much about?

There are many such tools.  The one you'd be most familiar with, I think,
is the Android SDK and its associated IDE (which used to be Eclipse, but
apparently they are starting to move away from that).  Java is
syntactically closer to C++ than Objective C is.