[ExI] The second step towards immortality

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 21:18:52 UTC 2014

"spike" <spike66 at att.net> ha scritto:

"At some future time, pre-singularity, we will
likely come up with a script which will simulate self-consciousness so well,
it could convince some people that it is self-aware (even if the writers of
the code know it is just a pile of clever code.)"

To me, this sounds analogous to "one day, someone will get so good at
simulating music using digital code that it could convince some people
that it really /is/ music (even if the writers know that it is just a
pile of clever code)!!.  What a jape!"

Something about ducks sounding and looking like ducks comes to mind.

(IOW, an emulation of an information process is an information process)

Ben Zaiboc