[ExI] The second step towards immortality

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jan 10 01:00:27 UTC 2014

On 10/01/2014 00:11, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> The physics of this universe combined with the mathematics of
> probability make it impossible to create a "look up table" that could
> even begin to pretend consciousness.

Heh. Philosophical thought experiment, right? However, I saw a neat
paper recently looking at how the causal structure of the universe
actually puts nontrivial limits on faking Turing tests. I think it was
by Drew McDermott, building on his paper
http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/dvm/papers/humongous.pdf

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute