[ExI] face recognition app: phony people people

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:37:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:41 AM, spike wrote:
> Ja, and this is the whole point summed up nicely with your comment.  When we
> develop a way for us to be phony people people, the real people people won’t
> have the value they once had.  They will no longer be special.  If a person
> shows real people skills, we would assume they were using that device.  We
> won’t like each other as much.  Those who use those devices will in a sense
> be trying to fool us.  Someone you haven’t seen in a long time who you only
> met once will come up, “Well, it’s Kelly Anderson…” and you will respond
> LIE!

Masks might become fashionable when out and about.

The UK surveillance cameras have persuaded the youngsters to wear
hoods, with scarves. And sunglasses in summer. And protesters often
wear masks now to avoid police cameras.

Some shops display signs that headgear must be removed before
entering. So that the shop cameras get a good view.

BillK