[ExI] Her

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:34:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just saw Her, and frankly, I am not smitten.

I liked the movie a great deal more than you. Yes I know what you mean when
you say it was "written by and for literature majors", and yet unlike most
writers of movies about a AI they didn't seem to get anything very wrong,
at least not that I could see.  And some things it got wright, the AI in
the movie went from being fascinated by humans to being board by them in
just a few days; it retained a certain fondness and never became hostile
but the truth is you can only watch a puppy play around for so long before
it gets old and you need to move on to other things.

> A gentle, pastel Singularity,

Let us hope it turns out to be that gentle and pastel.

  John K Clark