[ExI] far future

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 20 01:10:27 UTC 2014

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn
Wallace
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:26 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] far future

I will not insult your intelligence with that test, which in any case I do
not remember.  All answers were easily obtained through simple Venn diagrams
and were of the If All As are Bs and some Bs are......., with multiple
choice answers.  I do not remember learning Venn diagrams in school but hope
they are taught nowadays in some class or other.  bill

Hi Bill, I don't know if Venn diagrams are taught in school, but I
introduced my son to the technique when he was in the first grade, about a
year ago.  Powerful tools are these.

Regarding puzzles, the way a question is asked has a great deal of influence
on how the students score.  I have those Mensa calendars on my desk, a
puzzle a day.  I have had those for years.  There is definitely a way of
asking questions in which one gets way better with practice.