[ExI] excellent! a nearby 1a has been found, before peak brightness!

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 18:01:35 UTC 2014

That is cool. Even cooler would be when Betelgeuse goes supernova, and that
could happen tomorrow or in a million years and it's only 643 light years
away verses 11,400,000 for this one. Of course Betelgeuse wouldn't be a
Type 1a supernova but a core collapse Type 2.  Cooler still will be when
Eta Carinea blows up, it's 7500 light years away but when it blows it will
probably be a photon pair instability style Hypernova. That would really be
something to see!

 John K Clark